Friday, November 25, 2005

~@ 4 weeks to Christmas @~

Woke up this morning and realised it is exactly 4 weeks to Christmas!!!

It is that time of the year when excessive shopping is not just a good excuse but a necessity.

The retail outlets entices us all with their delectable atmostphere and store specials with gift wrapping thrown in for free. With David Jones, you can even defer paying for your Christmas purchases until end of Feb 2006 (if you have the store card)! I have to admit, I did just that for the last two years.

In the past two years, we celebrated the season with hubby's family and then mine respectively.

This year is different again. We will be on our own.

My family is doing their own thing in Singapore and my mother-in-law is heading to Singapore before Christmas to embark on a new adventure - she has been offered a teaching position there commencing on 2 January 2006. We are very thrilled for her, wish her all the best and know that she will have a fantastic time!

This evening, I will put in my order for Christmas Ham at our local Deli. It's my first time so I am really looking forward to it.

For Christmas Lunch, we are thinking cold seafood as it gets pretty steamy (weather-wise) on Christmas Day. Will head to my local seafood supermarket next weekend to stock up on prawns - yum yum! Accompanied by a few varieties of cold salad and roasted maple syrup laden sweet potatoes.

It's just the two of us along with Tanzetta and Froddo...I think that's ample! Unless friends/family decide to change their minds!

As for Christmas Presents...got to start my shopping soon esp, my family because I have to send it overseas.

Who is on our Christmas Gift List this year? My Mum & Dad, Hubby's Mum & Dad, Hubby's brother and his two children, my present, hubby's present and for a few friends whom we will see during the holiday season.

Well, I better get my act together before it is too late! There is only 4 weeks to go...

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Sue said...

Why dont you guys come down to Norway and celebrate christmas here? There is sometimes snow here..... Up north snow can be as high as 2 meters if you really have a need for it...you can help Ken Daniel with his gifts as he only hits the boxes and has no clue what to do with the wrappings. We had practice with the package that came to me from S'pore

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

We would love to experience White Christmas (hubby has once when he was a child on holiday with his family and I have not). We might just take up your offer sometime in the near future!

Ken Daniel is so adorable. Both of you are so priviledged to be his parents. The innocence of babyhood - preserve it as long as you can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home