Monday, December 05, 2005

Heatwave Warnings Hit Brisbane!

Today is officially the 5th day of Summer.

This morning, i slept past my wake-up call as i was in the comforts of our air-conditioned bedroom. I walked out of the cool room and was greeted with enthusiasm by the sun who already registered a temperature of 26C at 6am! GREAT...

Summer is my least favourite time of the year despite the massive rainfalls and plants growing really well. I, on the other hand, wither away like an ice block left out on the pavement.

At noon, it is now 32.4C in the city, humidity at53%. Yes, I do become somewhat of a temperature freak during this season.

Read The Courier Mail and to my horror, the Queensland Government has today, issued a heatwave alert to avoid heat stress during the next three days as temperatures are expected to soar to 37!

Oh dear! It is only day 5...what am I going to do for the next 3.5 months of summer?!

Time to slap on thick layers of sunscreen and wear a daggy long sleeve shirt when I am out in the sun and put on my wide brim tropical hat - don't want anymore freckles on my face!

4 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous serene said...

you are getting funnier by the day, i swear... :) i've been reading and reading, and always telling myself to post a comment, but i always deliberate and deliberate, and hey, what do you know.... :)

glad to hear that you are doing well and all prepped for christmas! i'm still trying to motivate myself to get into the christmas mood, and other than splashing 400 bucks for new linens, i havent done anything else :p

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Thanks for your card. It was lovely. You are so thoughtful, as always!

It is amazing how expensive linens are, isn't it? Cannot buy cheap ones either because not comfy and then the good ones always cost more..though more comfy and also last longer. Enjoy them!

Thanks for reading my blogs! Glad that they make you laugh as well...well, we have to laugh don't we, or else we will surely go "SIAO"!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger serene said...

yeah, i bought some 20 bucks linens before, and i'm still using them... silly cheap-o man.. hehe and it's really bad, cos the fur balls have all come out, so i have these pokey things poking at my leg when i sleep at night....

i really need to find myself more determination and trash those crappy linens :p

but the new ones that i bought... mmmm ma-ma-mia! they are white, 350TC, and absolutely perfect!!! looks like one of those hotel beds when i put them on, u know *o*

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

oy serene! I know those cheapo ones..the thread keeps pulling because of my dry feet! So irritating..

So I went out to buy nice sheets. I love white sheets too - makes everything look clean and neat..you won't believe Target is now selling hotel style linen. We bought a new set 400 thread count for under $200! with pillows and flat sheet thrown in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home