Friday, December 16, 2005

Ho! Ho! Ho!


Ho! Ho! Ho!
I cannot help but be excited about Christmas. What is there not to like about Christmas? It is a most magical time of the year. Fairy lights, tress with baubles, buying presents is a legitimate excuse, eating excessively is not a crime, drinking a six pack is considered pre-dinner drinks, etc etc etc.

Another week of work but hey, that will be easy. A few emerging issues in the early part of the week, that I can handle considering I am can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I look forward to picking up my first Christmas ham (ever) next Friday and having an uncomplicated Christmas lunch with friends.

My gut feeling tells me that this will be the best Christmas. Everything's organised, the home looks very christmassy, the husband and I are very much in love, a small network of friends whom we can depend on and vice versa...just fantastic!

Despite the one family matter that plagued me earlier this week, I can say that I am happy and have no regrets on how I have conducted myself in relation to that. Yes, Christmas is a time to celebrate with friends and family but if family only complicates matter, then I'd rather have the uncomplicated version. There is enough pressues outside the home, why complicate it further and make it a miserable for those around you?

In this regard, I have most certainly grown up. I use to try my utmost in pleasing everyone around me and being at their beck and call, in essence - let them have power over me. Well, not this time. I am taking the power back - I will not permit negativity because I make it my choice not to have it. Hence, I am a happier person and do not have sleepless nights!

HO! HO! HO! Tis the Season to be Jolly, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home