Saturday, December 31, 2005

Last day of 2005

Laying in bed this morning, refusing to wake up. This will be the last day of the year I can sleep in. I can hardly believe it. 2005 almost over?!

Feeling rather nostalgic. The last couple of nights were spent recalling the events of 2005 - the highs and the lows, on my own. Some made me laugh, others made me cry...what a year it has been, indeed!

Started taking down all our Christmas decorations around the house in the last few days. Home is returning back to its normal mode again.

We have been hitting the shops of late. You see, I have never been to a post-christmas sale and now I realise what I have been missing out on! We make sure we shop in the evening because there aren't many shoppers around so we can browse to our hearts' content! This is what we have 'scored':
  • 1 pair of Colorado Hiking Shoes for the hubby only paid $79.90 (RRP $139.90)
  • 1 Villaroy & Boch Scandinavillian Deco Lights only paid $30.00 (RRP $58.90)
  • 1 thick square wooden chopping board only paid $27.50 (RRP $59.90)
  • 1 salad spinner only paid $25.00 (RRP 49.90)
  • 1 silicon quality basting/pastry brush that can withstand up to 350C only paid $3.95 (RRP $9.90)
  • 1 silicon quality jar opener/pot stand that can withstand up to 350C only paid $8.00 (RRP $16.80)
  • 1 Toshiba High Definition Set-Top Box only paid $140 (RRP $599.00) - NO JOKE!

Tonight, we will head to a friend's place for New Year's Eve celebrations and I will be off to Sydney next Thursday for a girls' week (hubby stays home to work and to look after the cat & fish).

Tomorrow marks a brand new year. No resolutions for me. Just to live it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home