Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Day in the Life of ...

Been on holidays since 22 December 05 and to be honest I have been rather bored ever since Christmas and New Year's Eve celebrations went away.

However, there is one aspect I don't miss which is associated with having a 'career' and that is sleeping at a reasonable hour and waking up at 6am to be ready for work. These days, I hardly sleep before 1am and sleep in till 10:45am - never knew I could sleep in without the aid of alcohol or nightclubs (not that I have indulged in either of them in the past few years except when I was making rumballs).

The rest of the day is spent watching DVD movies, surfing the internet and the occasional housework. Other than that, it has been pretty laid back. Yes, I can go and do things but I don't want to spend money. I'd rather spend $ during my trip in Sydney so I am conserving my resources, so to speak.

Woke up this morning at the usual time of 10:45am, had yummy breakfast of summer fruits (nectarine, blueberries and mango) with gluten free musceli topped with soy milk. I then proceeded to packing my holiday bag before settling myself comfortably in front of our plasma - I am currently watching "The Pirates of the Carribean" and doing my blog at the same time. Yes, aren't we women fantastic? We can multi-task successfully!

So tonight, I have to try to sleep at a reasonable hour (but "The Bachelor" - the reality tv program is on) because yours truely needs to catch the 7am flight which means I need to be at the airport by 6am, which in turn means I have to wake up at 5:30am! Oh dear...

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger serene said...

have a lovely trip!!!!!! i love sydney (maybe cos it's so near to canberra), but yes yes, saving money to spend there wld be most wise!! :) talk to u when u get back!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Magdalene said...

thanks serene! The last time I was there on holiday was 4 years ago! I was there last year but for work so not fun!

This time - I will definitely make it worth the while!

Time for you to update your blog, my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home