Friday, January 27, 2006

First Week Back

First week back at work and thought it would take at least 2 weeks for me to get back into the swing of things. Surprisingly not...especially with the "guidance" of emails.

The emails sure kept me on track and very organised. Events and project deadlines for the year have all been communicated to the relevant groups. Hence, I am feeling rather good. Again, come March this year - I would be with this company for 3 years! That is definitely a record for me.

Yesterday was a Public Holiday in Australia. We celebrated Australia Day as a nation. It was very relaxing and I slept in, to my pleasure. Hubby and I drove to see the American Army Vessel powered by Nuclear power. The trip which would normally take 20 mins, took 1.5 hours! Apparently, half of Brisbane had the same idea. Nothing to do so might as well go check out this nuclear powered vessel!

Got home and put on an aussie barbecue of lamb chops, beef sausages, onions and heaps of cold salad. Absolute bliss...so simple yet effective.

This weekend is Chinese New Year.

As a child, I always look forward to this day not just because of the red packets (filled with money) given to us by our elders but the reunion with both sides of the family. It is always loud and bursting with food!

This will be the 4th year of not celebrating CNY and I am not missing it because my family is not here and I don't live close to Chinatown and am the only asian in my neighbourhood.

The first day of CNY is Monday - my family in Asia will be busy visiting relations, gorging on delicious food, catching up, playing card games...I will be here in the office, working.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Sue said...

The cute baby in Norway is waiting for his red packet from his 'Auntie' in Australia :-) Its very expensive here and all contribution towards his driving license is welcomed

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous simmetra said...

Actually no, 1st day is Sunday, not Monday.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Sue - I will keep it in mind for future contributons! *chuckle*

Myra - only realised on Saturday afternoon that Sunday is CNY! Oh well...it is such a non-event here, no wonder I mix it all up!

GONG HAY FATT CHOY to you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home