Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Is that a compliment? Should I take it as that?

I have been asking myself exactly that.

Incident #1
You see, hubby organised for a window tinting contractor to come to our home this morning to give us a quote...the contractor was chatting with him and I was just standing around. At some point, the contractor must have finally noticed me and thought he better 'make conversation'.

He said - "Are you a university student?"
I said - "No. I am on annual leave."

That got me thinking. Does he think I am a University student because I look young and look the part?

Incident #2
Hubby left for work. I sat myself comfortably in front of our plasma to watch the entire Series 3 of Sex in the City. I was happily minding my own business when the door bell went. Got off the couch reluctantly and see a healthy looking man in his 70's at the door. I stepped out. From his brochures, I could see that he was promoting wheelie Bin cleaning services.

He said - "Are your parents at home?"

I am clearly in shock at this point and almost lost for words. But ever dignified, I found my voice:

I said - "No. I own this home."

Do I look that young? Gee...my skin care products must work very well! I suppose I should be happy but I don't want to look like a young girl!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous simmetra said...

Well, take it as a compliment. I notice that 'ang mos' usually can't tell our age, that's what a French lady said to me!

Think of it this way, better than them asking u if you want to buy books for your kids!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Magdalene said...

that was exactly what my asian friend from norway told me too!

I remembered freaking out when a friend told her child to call me "Aunty"! Me...aunty?!

Did I tell you that I am grand-aunt to hubby's niece who gave birth last October? Yes...tragic isn't it...to be a grand-aunt at my age!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home