Thursday, January 05, 2006

Reporting from Sydney

Slept at 2am, woke up at 5am, left home at 5:40am, got to the airport at 6am, flew out of Brisbane at 7am and arrived in Sydney at 9:35am (EDST) - phew!

Got out of the plane and it was a cool, windy and wet 21C as compared to Brisbane - it was 29C when I left home at 5:40am! What a 'world' of difference!

It was lovely seeing a friendly face in a cool city and that friendly face came in the form of my recently engaged cousin! I cannot begin to describe how incredible that feeling was. I haven't had physical contact with a blood family member from my family for a long time so it is like a reunion of sorts.

Not only are we blood relations, we are also avid chocolate addicts! She took me to a heavenly place called "Max Brenniers". It serves the most decadent chocolate souffle that ozzes chocolate, strawberries in chocolate fondue, etc etc etc...basically anything to do with chocolate. It is absolutely heavenly.

The very first bite of the souffle brought me to an ecstatic state of no return. I didn't notice the screaming child next to our table, I didn't notice how crowded that place was and neither did I hear what my cousin was telling me. I was having a date with chocolate. Chocolate and me. No one and nothing else mattered.

I wish I can upload some pics from the experience but Ican't do it from this workstation. The pics will be uploaded next week when I get back to Brisbane.

I am head over heels, desperately in love with Chocolate....sorry hubby!

1 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely heaven i say! And you should have seen the look on your face Mag. You kept saying "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. Horray to the bald headed man! To another addiction anytime...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home