Friday, February 24, 2006

The game of life is not always fair

Received a call at work today from one of my bosses informing me that one of his administrative staffs (whom i met once and spoken to many times over the phone) husband had passed away, in his sleep. He was 59 and today was the funeral.

I couldn't continue what I was doing and paused for what seemed like an eternity when in actual fact was only 5 whole minutes.

Though I have only met her once and spoken to her many times on the phone, she epitomises the spirit of north Queensland - where people are carefree and genuinely nice & helpful unless us, city folks. She has always been so helpful to me when I was helpless, always a kind word and a smile that radiates through the phone.

This is not fair. Why should this unfortunate event happen to her?

They have no children and all their family live in different states. She is now all alone. They celebrated their 26th wedding anniversary last year and had only moved into their brand new property a couple of months ago.

The game of life is not always fair especially to GOOD PEOPLE.

Today is one of those days where I constantly question "WHY?!" and moments like this also helps me gain some perspective into my own life. To remember that life is fragile and it is simply not worth sweating over the small things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home