Monday, February 06, 2006

Will I ever see it again?

I had a most wonderful weekend relaxing with hubby. We decided that instead of the usual errand running, we would have a picnic. Our first in 2006. We packed yummy gourmet food and decided on Mount Tambourine (1.5 hours south of Brisbane in the Gold Coast Hinterland). I have always loved this mountain. I would have loved to attached some pics of that glorious day...however, something happened this morning which has changed E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.


I walked into work totally refreshed and ready to take on the world. Opened my locked cabinet where my laptop is stored and it wasn't there! I looked under my table to see if the electrical pack for the laptop was there, it too was gone!

I then rang the boss to find out if he had taken it home on the weekend and he didn't.

My laptop is my work life,my personal life. My punching bag and my comfort. It was stolen out of a locked cabinet! I am just absolutely devastated. All my holidays photos are on the desktop of the laptop and I didn't back it up anywhere else...I feel so lost.

I still cannot believe that it is gone. I then rang the police who have since come out to take my statement. Then my colleague who is on her day off, rang to ask me to check the locked petty cash tin in her locked drawer...yes, you guessed it...all the cash in the locked cash tin in the locked drawer was GONE too!

Then I realise that our passwords book is also in that locked drawer...so I quickly logged into internet banking and thank goodness, nothing suspicions took place. However, I was taking no more chances. Rang the bank and changed password immediately.

Utter devastation....

3 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Sue said...

Mag crisis is when its 3 am in the morning and you are out of diapers and the kid got shit up to his ears then you realise what devastation means. You would not mind loosing your laptop a few times. Hope they get whoever that took it and learn to take backup my dear that way, your pictures are safe. Our baby pictures are in our bankbox!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

I view utter helplessness being the root of devastation in whichever form it takes after.

Yes, it is not the end of the world that the laptop and petty cash were stolen. It could have been worse - office damanged or burnt down, etc. But there are many associated (devastating)consequences as a result of this inconsiderate act.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue

The situation you cited is not a case of devastation but a case of disorganisation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home