Friday, March 10, 2006

Down the River I go...

The Brisbane River and I have had a wonderful relationship since I first step foot here back in 1999.

When I needed to get away from the demands of University assignments, I would jump into the city cat and allow the breeze to blow my hair wild, the water to replenish my tired spirit and the blue skies to put a smile on my face. When I wanted to show off the city to family and friends, I would take them on the City Cat, allow the natural elements to calm them down, to see a different perspective of the city and set the pace for their holiday. When I desperately needed to clear my head before making the tough decisions, the river was once again there for me.

Eversince the office moved its operations to the city, on the Brisbane River to be specific - I have been fantasizing about the possibility of one day taking the city cat to my favourite cinema in Hawthorne to catch a movie. Wouldn't that be a treat?

Well, this fantasy will be fulfilled this evening.

We'll be watching the movie "Walk the Line" at Balmoral Cinemas which is about 8 ferry stops away from my work. Brilliant! This will be my 1st City Cat ride for the year!

I am so looking forward to watching this movie. Friends and family have been raving about it! We are no country western fan and have no idea who Johnny Cash is. However, according to our friends and family - it is a must-see movie. It is entertaining, thought-provoking and aboveall, a love story. I can think of no better way to kick start the weekend!

About this Movie
A choronical of country music legend Johnny Cash's life, from his early days on Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis, where he recordered alongside Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home