Saturday, March 04, 2006

'Tis the Season for Snuggling and Cooking

All it takes is a change in season and two of my favourite past-times are now firmly back in the family.

It has been overcast for the last 4 days and the temps are a nice 20C. Pretty cool considering we have been battling with an average of 34C for the last 3 months or so.

I went to the shops on Friday, saw a polar fleece blanket just for cats and couldn't resist not getting it for our beloved Tanzetta. It didn't take her very long before she took a liking to it even hubby was "fighting" her for it! So I went back to the shops today and got a polar fleece blanket for humans and guess who has taken a liking to it?

















This cool weather has also inspired me to spend more time in the kitchen experimenting and cooking. Today I made lasagne (for next week plus a few lunches for work) and ox-tail stew (for dinner tonight)!





Life is all about making the best out of it!



3 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Sue said...

You can come here and work as my chef when I get rich by winning the lottery! The food looks good. I used to cook a lot from scratch but after the baby is born, not much time for my hobby of cooking!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger serene said...

well, it certainly looks yummie, and you're quite the cook it seems!!!

and the two babies look so so comfy....

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Thanks girls!

Cooking is more than a hobby for me.In fact,it is an outlet when I need time by myself or when I just want to "escape".

Sue - you are a good mother. You make all of ken jnr's food from scratch and that is an achievement in itself since you are a working mother.

Serene - oh yes...the blankets are working its magic in this family. We love to all snuggle in front of the tv...it is still raining...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home