Thursday, April 27, 2006

Brrr...Shower Torture

The overnight temperature dropped to 13C and it was sheer torture getting into the shower.

You might think that to be nice temperature but when day time temperature is around 26C, that is quite a decent drop and believe me you, I felt it!

I braced myself for what I see to be a battle with the shower for the next few months.

The cat usually stays in the bathroom with me while I have a shower but today, she raced in and out and back into the warm covers straight away. Oh dear...

So why have a shower if I am feeling the cold? Well, I am one of those people who needs to have a shower in the morning before going to work. For some reason, being "unclean" affects my work performance (no joke). I don't feel as confident and driven when I am "unclean" so that is good enough motivation for me to brave the cold tiles and head straight to a steamy hot shower.

The steamy hot shower is usually all I need to warm my body but not this morning. I stayed in there for an extra 20 minutes after the cleaning process, in the hope that it would warm my body eventually. However time was not on my side so I screamed for Jared to put on the heater in the bathroom, yes the heater. For those who know me, I hate the heat and embrace the cold, but I was whistling a different tune this morning!

I stood in front of the heater for another 10 minutes getting ready for work. The warmth from that little electrical appliance brought colour back to my skin and put a smile on my face.

Oh dear...it is not even winter yet. Watch this space for more "torture".

4 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Anonymous mlicy said...

Hee, you are SUCH a Singaporean! I know the Brits used to laugh at how often we bathed (once a day was unheard of to them in winter) but only true blue Singaporeans bathe even more than once a day! :P I guess it's upbringing. U can't change the way you're been brought up.

Take the person out of the tropics, but u can't take the tropics out of the person! :D

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

ABSOLUTELY! You are right on the money, Mlicy!

In fact, I shower twice a day. Before work and after work. The whole cleansing process is very therapeutic!

I am a tropical girl at heart.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger REDLeader said...

Heater in the dunnie is critical. When I was in brissie facing winter, I'd wished that I could walk out of the toilet without running around like a frozen headless chicken.

You see, there's no carpeting in the dunnie. Hope yours is different.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Adrian

It is not advisable to have carpet in dunnie because of the moisture factor.

So i have been relying on heater and a huge towel on the floor for me to stand on before I run like a headless chook into the master bedroom.

Good thing tht bathroom is in the master bedroom so I don't have very far to go but yes...it is TORTURE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home