Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Goodbye Air-Con and Fan...

I am officially cold.

The chill in the air is a welcome change from the stifling heat of summer and scorching sun rays which has left more freckles on my not-so-youthful skin.

Woke up this morning to 12C and it was such a struggle to get out of bed! The temperature is only going to get lower and winter doesn't officially commence till 1st June. Am I complaining? Absolutely NOT!

I love winter for so many reasons. Here is some of them:
  1. I can wear my business suits comfortably to work without the tortured look on my face
  2. Hubby, I and the cat will snuggle in bed for much longer
  3. I can wear make-up and not re-touch every 5 minutes! My face won't shine!
  4. I can finally drink hot coffee and chocolate without a tissue wiping off my perspiration and peeling the jacket that is stuck to my back
  5. I can start cooking more meals using the oven
  6. I can wear other styles of apparel. Ditch the shorts and tank tops!
  7. Going for a drive and having a picnic in the sun will be PERFECT
  8. I can have long hot baths surrounded by candles and soothing music
  9. I can wear my ridiculous moose head jumper that never fails to make people laugh!
  10. Snow Ski season begins!

Some people will think me mad but this is my personal opinion and I am proud to declare that I am a WINTER LOVER!

Goodbye Air-Con and Fan...Honey, it's time to put the electric blanket on the bed!

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Sue said...

Nice to see an Asian that like the winter but how cold does it get down there is the question and how much snow? Is there any other kind of skiing that does not involve snow???

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Not as cold as Norway.

I cannot speak for the other states but here in Brisbane - the lowest temperature overnight is around 1C which is probably a relief in your context. However, there is a huge fluctuation between day time and overnight temperatures which hovers around a glorious 23-25C!Hence one does feel the chill because of the contrast!

Of course there are other kinds of skiing for example, water skiing but I still much prefer the snow for this esp. the fresh powdery stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home