Monday, May 08, 2006

I found "my twin"

Have you ever wondered if there is someone out there who is just like you? Occassionally, I get the "you look like so and so" but I never knew who that so and so is.

Today must be my lucky day. I found " my twin". She comes in the form of a business associate who manages Brisbane largest venue. She is petite, has blonde hair and is of english nationality- everything I am not.

We have never met and only spoken on the phone twice but we spotted each other across the busy foyer. Why? Because we were wearing the same outfit! This gets better, the so-called same outfit is actually made up of 3 separates mix and matched from other "business outfits"...yes, we were wearing the same mix and match, down to the shoes! How uncanny!

After we had overcome our initial shock, we went on to talking business as usual before concluding by having lunch. Over lunch, our conversations moved from business to personal. The similarity is ASTOUNDING!
  • We shop for clothes at the same outlets. Only she buys her from the UK and I buy mine from Singapore! (Top Shop, Zara, MNG and Dorothy Perkins)
  • We buy our lingerie at the same outlet. Only she buys her from the UK and I buy mine from Singapore! (Marks & Spencers)
  • We wear similar engagement rings. Trilogy style - hers are 3 gorgeous pearls and mine are three sparking diamonds
  • We are both left handed and write at the same slight angle
  • We both sent out "Save The Date" wedding momentos to our guests one year prior to our wedding
  • We share the same wedding arrangments being the "one stop" venue for wedding and reception. I had my wedding ceremony by the pool of a boutique hotel and booked out the only restaurant in the same hotel for reception for 55 guests. She is having her wedding on the beach by the water and booked out the only restaurant next to the water for reception for 55 guests!
  • We are both in the event and sponsorship management business
  • We have the same necklace and diamond pendant which she was going to wear today but decided against it
  • We were in the same place yesterday. Hubby and I were walking along the Manly Esplanade while she was in a sailboat in Manly!

Now I don't believe in reincarnation but this is much too coincidental. Perhaps she was my twin in another life time...she is the english version of me and I am the chinese version of her.

This is so uncanny. I have finally found "my twin".

4 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger mlicy said...

Girlfried, u guys shop at the same outlets. It's no wonder u have the same clothes lah. However the rest is indeed uncanny indeed. Your very own doppleganger!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

I am still spin out by the uncanny coincidence!

Yes we shop at the same outlets..but we actually put the same separates together and on the same day!

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about posting some pictures of the two of you together?

Kevin

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous jean said...

That is freaky!! :X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home