Monday, May 15, 2006

Investing in myself

The previous work week got progressively worse as the days rolled by. It was one of those weeks where I could not get anything done because people were "hunting" and "tracking" me down for all sorts of things. It culminated on Friday with five back to back meetings. As you can imagine, my mental state was in a state of disarray!

Saturday was spent investing in my well-being. Jared had to work so I enjoyed being home on my own with the cat. I did absolutely nothing strenuous or anything that resembled work in any shape or form. Instead, I watched two movies on DVD with the blanket around me and the cat between my lap. It was blissful, exactly what I needed.

On Sunday, I indulged in my favourite past-time. Cooking. It was highly enjoyable and satisfying to say the least. I made Chicken and Vegetables soup and Beef Rendang. Enough for lunch today and dinner on another night.
Yes, we enjoyed them and I am recharged for this week! I love weekends.....the moral of the story? Invest in yourself - for the sake of everyone around you. No one wants to be around grumpy farts!

3 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger REDLeader said...

Wow! looks totally yummy! so how many servings did your husband go for? : )

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

If I may so say, it was indeed really yummy!

I serve so his servings are limited! hahahaha...as you know with rendang, a lot of coconut so we only have one serving each. We brought a serving each for lunch yesterday and there is another 2 more servings for dinner on Friday night. I hate cooking on Fridays!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger REDLeader said...

Wow...can makan for a few days..that's what I call bulk cooking. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home