Wednesday, May 17, 2006

QLD Graduates are earming more!

Current Temperature/Countdown: 20C, 14 days to winter

Today is one of those days where I am overwhelmed to the point of adopting a "cannot be bothered, work will never finish" attitude. I am not usually like this but when I am, I know it is time to leave work a little earlier than usual for a recharge and that is exactly what I will do.

Buy one of those tabloid trash magazines, hop on the train and leave the hustle & bustle of city life behind me while the train transports me home to a cat who misses me and a husband who goes with the flow. Then I will make us (husband and I, not the cat) a glass of Gin & Tonic each while we relax the rest of the evening away.

I came across a news article about new graduates from this State being at the top of the salary tree as compared to their counterparts interstate! E.g. newly graduated mining engineers starting pay is $70,000 per annum!

The article also further adds that graduates in this state are getting jobs more easily than those from interestate, with 100% job success rates among vets, doctors, mining enginners, civil engineers, surveyors and nurses. Professions in which 9 out of 10 job seekers find full-time work include accounting, architecture, building, urban planning, nursing, postgrad teaching, dentistry and law.

Earlier this year, I read also that the so-called "blue collared" workers i.e. plumbers, electricians, etc are earning a minimum of $100,000 per annum! They are the ones driving their shiny V8 utes, their wives aka mummy taxis drive around in Porsche 4WDs and their homes resemble that of mansions!

A career change, perhaps?

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger REDLeader said...

That's why I was saying all along that I'd wanted to be a bus driver in Brissie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home