Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Deed is Done

Yes, it was all over in under 10 minutes. I cannot believe I actually went through with it considering my fear of pain.




The day started cold and wet and the dental surgery is located in the heart of all the chinese supermarkets, eatery, etc. I wonder if Jared's parents had a premonition (then) that he would be married to a chinese when they made the choice of going to that particular dental surgery which is managed by Dr Orlandi. No doubt, it is a thriving business because he now hires 6 chinese dentists to work for him!

Prior to stepping into the dental establishment, we decided to go to the chinese superamarket to stock up. This exercise couldn't have been more cruel to me. Jared decided that he was going to buy $20 worth of cooked char siu (some of which to be consumed at lunch) and yours truely? I can only settle for tofu and century eggs! We left the supermarket with 3 plastic bags of goodies, all of which I cannot consume except for two!

Back in the dental surgery, Jared went for his appointment first while I continued to sit at the waiting area browsing through a pretty decent collection of tabliod trash. Then the dental assistant came to get me. By the time I sat into the chair, both my hands gripped tightly to the sides of the arm rests till my knuckles turned white, I felt cold and my eyes were shut tightly. No, they haven't even done anything to me at that stage!

Both Dr Tang and her Dental Assistant were most patient and professional. Dr Tang explained every step of the procedure while the Dental Assistant had her hand on my shoulder just as Dr Tang applied numbing gel on my gums. The KILLER was the insertion of the needle to fully numb everything! I had six needle insertions on the outside and inner gum area on te left and right - where the bloody so called wisdom teeth (2) were happily growing out of. I had my legs wrapped around the chair, white knuckles, cold forehead, eyes clamped shut and silent moans of protests to signal my discomfort while Dr Tang worked swiftly. Before I know it, she was onto another set of aparatus and she explained that i would hear some pressure noises...crink crink, the first teeth was out, she moved to the other set...crink crink, the second teeth was out too!

I couldn't believe it! All I could do was give the both of them the big thumbs up! I am very impress by the whole procedure and no, I do not want to get another extraction done anytime soon if that is at all possible! I shall conclude this blog entry with a visual souvenir:

2 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger REDLeader said...

So those were you top wisdom teeth?

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Magdalene said...

yes they were! Ta-dah...now I have a wind tunnel at the back of my mouth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home