Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Tomorrow is the day...

...I head back into the dentist's chair.

About a month ago, the unimaginable happened. I walked into a dental surgery after an absence of 16 years. Yes, I have not been to a dentist till last month because of horrific experiences as a child. What eventually got me there were (1) coaxing by Jared (2) private health insurance which we have been paying for but never use!

We went to the dental surgery used by Jared's family since he was a child and he is still being cared for by the same Dr Orlandi since he was in primary school! I was very impress by the place - it was bright, calm and staff very professional and friendly. As I was eased comfortably into the chair - I was entertained by the television program, ceiling art and hanging mobiles. The last visit went well, in fact, the dentist was very impress with the condition of my pearly whites considering they haven't been attended to in 16 years! All I needed was a filing until they showed me the x-ray! They recommend for the removal of two wisdom teeth (top) because it is a challenge keeping them clean let alone floss!

WHAT! EXTRACTION! NOT ONE BUT TWO! ***If I were in cartoon land, I would have fainted with stars revolving around my head***

To cut the long story short, I am going in for the procedure tomorrow in the chair. I am not looking forward to it but I am thinking of the positives (1) I will not have tooth decay (2) It will be over in 20 minutes so says the dentist (3) I can live on ice-cream and yoghurt

WHY OH WHY - did GOD give us Wisdom teeth? Why call it Wisdom teeth when it is evidently not wise at all!?

5 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger serene said...

hahahha babe, maybe when you hear something more frightful, then you wouldn't feel scared when you're having your tooth removed?

i had ***four*** w.t removed at one go, in day surgery, came out pucat like no blood...swollen and hurting, but figured that since gonna suffer, might as well just suffer once and for all - so i went for it, remove all four la!

it worked out pretty well, i'm still quite wise after all that :p

good luck sweetie, remember to say Hail Mary and Our Father when he's going for it!!!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger serene said...

ps. not to mention i got my tongue clipped when i was having my tooth pulled out when i was a little girl.... that kept me away from the dentist chair for the longest time too!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Magdalene said...

AHHHHHHHHH....you are my HERO! Just like Jared - you both had 4 taken out at once! WAH BIANG!

Stupid dentist clipped your tongue - aiyoh!

My dentist is female. Dr Winne Teng. Petite chinese...I hope she has restraints! I wish her all the luck!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Jared said...

To all,

Mags had her Op. today.. All went well, in fact it took less then 20mins to pull them out.

She's currently speachless, lying in bed watching TV, cat on lap.

I'm sure she will tell you more about it later.

What ever you do, don't mention the Char Shu!!! hahaha :)

jared

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger serene said...

too late jared, she's already published it and lodged an official complaint hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home