Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekends, come back!!!

It was the weekend before the big event. Yes, as of Wednesday this week, I begin my annual "pilgrimage" of conferences. First up, the State Conference held in Brisbane which pans over 4 days sees school leaders across the State flocking to it. The preparations are done but still the anxiousness lingers. The day I stop feeling anxious but prepared about running events is the day I resign because being complacent in this industry is suicide!

I did what I knew best to calm my nerves. To cook, of course! My darling husband is always a most willing guinea pig. Thanks Love!

It started on Saturday night. Pretty cold night and I really didn't want to spend a long time cutting meat and chopping vegetables but still wanted something homey and heart-warming.

Chicken Cassrole
washed down with Penfolds Chardonnay

On Sunday, we invited MIL over for Sunday lunch. It will be the second and last time I will see her before she leaves for Singapore on Thursday. I made "All taste BBQ Chicken" courtesy of Myra. It was easy and yummy!

All Taste BBQ Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Greens with Garlic

Sunday lunch is never complete without coffee and cake. Yes, I made it from scratch...

Chocolate Fudge Cake


Weekends are always too short...

4 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger mlicy said...

Wow, you sure were cooking up a storm! Great that you liked the chicken.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger REDLeader said...

All the best for your event now

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Mlicy - Loved the chicken. It was so easy and tasty! I cook to destress!!!!

Redleader - Thanks. I need all the luck. I am getting square eyes just checking through all the reports for accommodation!!!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger serene said...

babe, i want that chicken casserole recipe! it looks absolutely delightful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home