Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bi-annual pilgrimage to the Hair Salon!

The day has finally arrived and I cannot tolerate it no longer. This has been the longest period on record for not getting my hair done. My last trip was during the first week of January 2006 before I went back to work after a month long holiday, so you do the math .

My hair is shapeless. I have gone from pony tails to hair bands now, in the effort to keep it neat and professional looking. With a few more events coming up, I better get it done now for the sake of my own sanity because before I know it, it will be christmas!

As we all know, going to the Hair Salon is not an affordable exercise in itself. My cut and colour sets me back in the vicinty of $200! I know that is not bad a price considering I actually get three colours put in and there is a fair bit of hair cutting involved too! But to me, that is downright daylight robbery! I reckon there must be a conspiracy in the industry - the prices they charge are ridiculous. However, I have also fallen victim into thinking and believing that cheap hair cuts will only result in disaster!

My consolation is that I only get it done twice a year. For you accountants out there doing the math, that equates one hair pampering session per financial year.

Snip, Snip...



4 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger serene said...

how was the hair pilgrimage? post pictures la!!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Magdalene said...

ok lah - i took like 50 pics by myself and they were all very unflattering. Will get more time this weekend and go post them!

Hair pilgrimage - same same lah...more money. No more blonde streaks - now I have red hair and I mean red! I told her to give me a new look, she looked at my "history" i.e only go once every financial year, she chopped my hair! Now it is above my shoulders! It takes getting used to for me, that is. Jared likes it because it is different and for once, he is not being put on the spot for not noticing that something has been done!

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger REDLeader said...

Sometimes haircut can be a great stress reliever!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

You are right, Adrian!

Since I only do mine once per financial year, I must be a stress-free person! Yippee!!!! Don't expect to see wrinkles on me anytime soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home