Saturday, July 08, 2006

"New" Look

Following my one haircut per financial year, here's presenting my new look. Gone are the brown dye & almost blonde highlights and "tarzen" long hair from the lack of hair salon mainteinance.

As I was waiting to be served, I browsed the many hair magazines for inspiration both for my benefit and that of my hairdresser. I found myself favouring the bob look, didn't want it to too short, didn't want it too funky (for the sake of my career), want a different colour and a "fresh" look, etc.

I conveyed all that to her and she came back with the suggestion of red which would suit my skin colour and get rid of any hint of brown and blonde bits. Then she looked at my record and realised to her horror that I only check in with her once every financial year and she realised that I am not about the change this habit anytime soon so her suggestion was to cut my hair a little shorter this time since I will not be paying her a visit till 2nd week of January 2007 (one week before I head back into work after the december holidays).

Jared has complimented no end saying it makes me look younger and fresher. Between you and me, I bet it is due to the fact that this time, he can actually see the difference! The previous three times were disastrous for him - I'd come home and he wouldn't notice any changes, to say the least, I gave him "hell".

It took 48 hours getting used to the length and colour. Yes, the neck actually feels colder but hey, it only takes 3 minutes to dry my hair now!

5 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger mlicy said...

I like the new look! But just a word of caution about bobs - contrary to belief, cutting it short so that you can go 'longer' without a haircut isn't always true - short hair actually requires more maintenance to keep it in shape! So unless you're prepared to have it grow out quite shaggily, u will probably need to get it trimmed into shape in preparation for growing long.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Thanks! Thanks for the tip on maintenance of short hair...oh well, that's what hair bands and rubber bands are for! We'll all wait with "bated" breathe to see how long I can withstand not having a hair cut, shall we?

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger serene said...

it looks fantastic!! seems like this is the new trend around lately, i keep seeing everyone getting their locks cut short and maintaining this very trendy, sporty look! it looks fab on you!!! and yes, totally agree with mlicy....short hair means more trims.... :)

ps. how many more takes till you got this perfect photo shot? :p

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger REDLeader said...

short hair=cool. gorgeous!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Thanks for all the lovely compliments! My head feels lighter too!

The answer to your question, Serene - 120 photos before I achieved those 2 posted on the blog. Thank goodness for digital camera!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home