Wednesday, July 26, 2006

On the right track

What an incredible week it has been!

Yesterday evening, I was invited to a Sofitel Soiree (gathering with the largest chain of French 5 star hotels & resorts in Australia, Pacific and Polynesia) by the Chairman himself. There was only 60 of us (including the senior executives of the Sofitel group) and it was a most enchanting evening to thank "high rollers"!

There was free flow Moet champagne, various "stations" of impeccable food and dessert! I had two succulent pacific scallops cooked with butter and a splash of fresh champagne - WOW! The burst of fresh flavours was magical. Then I moved onto the Fresh Oyster station - WOW! I couldn't stop myself, I had 12 fresh oysters and they were "opened" right in front of me - it was so fresh, so very intoxicating! Next station was Dessert - I passed on the caramel soaked crepes with fresh cream and berries because it wouldn't do my health no favours. Instead, I had a 20g chocolate souffle, 1 small piece of chocolate (the size of my pinkie) and 1 small coconut and date cake (the size of my thumb). The food, service and attention to detail was incredible, to say the least. What a great night!


On the topic of health, I have kept up with my elliptical cross-trainer, kept to my food plan, etc. The result? I have lost 3 kgs to date! That equates to 1kg per week! It has been very easy - I am never hungry and what is 30 minutes of cardio-vascular when there is 24 hours in a day?!

I am off to Townsville tomorrow (2 hours flight north of Brisbane) for another event. I love regional events - they are more relaxed and intimate! North Queensland, here I come!

Yes I will be packing my running shoes with me this time...

2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous mlicy said...

Keep it up girlfriend! The hardest part of exercising and dieting is really avoiding all that temptation. Proud of you girl. It's not easy have maintain a routine and hv lost 3 kg, so keep it up!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Magdalene said...

Thanks Myra!

This is my 4th week and it has become part of my lifestyle.

I feel better and toner. If anything, my clothes are fitting me better too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home